If you’re looking for a way to upgrade your stay at The Roosevelt, try out our newly overhauled mobile app.
Fully redesigned to incorporate the exquisite style you expect and loaded with new features, the mobile app is the perfect companion to your New York visit. Book your room directly from your phone with the mobile booking engine, and enjoy all of the benefits that come along with our free Wi-Fi offer. During your stay you can contact the concierge team from the app at any time to inquire about local attractions or request service.
When it’s time to go, you can even check into your flight directly from the app. Check out the new features and see how The Roosevelt mobile app can improve your stay!
How to make grilled artichokes with Executive Chef Robert Hohmann:
Artichokes can look intimidating, but when prepared correctly they yield incredibly delicious results. Whether you’re an artichoke expert or trying this leafy vegetable for the first time, let our chef show you a delicious way to maximize the flavor and texture while creating a Roosevelt worthy dish.
- 4 artichokes
- 2 sprigs lavender
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 gallon water
- 3 lemons
- 1 oz. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the stem and outer leaves of the artichokes; then trim an inch off the top of the artichokes.
- Place the artichokes in a dutch oven along with the lavender, thyme, rosemary, and juice from the lemons.
- Pour the water in the dutch oven over the artichokes and seasoning. Cover with lid.
- Cook in the oven at 375° for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the artichokes from the oven, take them out of the braising liquid, and place them upside down on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes to drain the liquid.
- When the artichokes are warm to the touch, cut them in half, and remove the purple inner leaves as well as the pith off the top of the hearts.
- Toss the artichokes in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Grill the artichokes for about 10 minutes, flip to get a good char on both sides.
- Mix all the remoulade ingredients together in a large mixing bowl; serve with the artichokes.
For a live demo from our Executive Chef, check out our ForkNPlate video!
There’s no better place in the world to spend your holidays than New York City.
Holiday decorations adorn buildings across the city, and holiday themed events and sights are as plentiful as the cheer of the season itself. Whether you spend a few nights or visit for the entire holiday season, make all of your dreams come true with this list of holiday events in the Big Apple.
For directions to these holiday favorites visit our E-map!